Tell our leaders to #Commit2Kids
Between now and the November 3 election, First Focus on Children is challenging candidates and elected officials nationwide to tell us what, exactly, they will do for our country’s children. Demand that they #Commit2Kids.
We must act now — before the American Dream slips away from the next generation.
In November, America will decide who gets to lead in Congress and in the White House. Before we cast a single ballot, we demand that our leaders make a commitment to children —
- A commitment to cut child poverty in half by the end of the decade
- A commitment to ensure all children have access to high-quality healthcare and early childhood programs
- A commitment to protect children from abuse and neglect
- A commitment to ensure a "best interest of the child" standard for all immigration decisions
- And — above all — our leaders must commit to creating a Children’s Commissioner, an independent office that will hold the government accountable to these commitments once and for all.
We, the undersigned, demand that you commit to kids.